Making the Most of the Day

I am doing a 52 Lists in 52 Weeks Challenge. The first list was to generate a playlist of 20 mood boosting songs. I came up with the first 20 songs that I could think of, so this is definitely not the ultimate list, I'm sure I will edit and add as I go. Figured I would share it in case anyone wants to add them to their mood boosting playlists or create their own. I started to listen to it in the mornings and it definitely works especially when the Beastie Boys come on.

Mood-Boosting Play list
  • Rachel Platten - Fight Song  
  • One Republic - Marching On 
  • Beastie Boys - No Sleep Till Brooklyn 
  • One Republic - Good Life 
  • Steve Earle - Galway Girl 
  • Ed Sheeran - Nancy Mulligan 
  • Journey - Don't Stop Believing 
  • Matt Nathanson - Modern Love 
  • The National - All the Wine 
  • Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
  • Alicia Keys - Girl On Fire 
  • The Script - Hall of Fame 
  • Michael Franti & Spearhead - Hey, Hey, Hey 
  • Christina Perri  -Be My Forever 
  • Dog is Dead - Young 
  • Fun. - Carry On 
  • Matt & Kim - Daylight 
  • Paolo Nutini - New Shoes 
  • The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) 
  • Sheppard - Geronimo 
The other thought on my mind this morning is trying to make sense of Benjamin Franklin. He truly was the American version of a wise crazy person. Most of his quotes are poetic, yet up to interpretation or simply he spouted off nonsense that we took as wisdom. The quote I am referring to is this one: 

"One today is worth two tomorrows." - Benjamin Franklin 

Upon reflection, I took this to mean that people waste the present dwelling or dreaming of the future. To be honest the future is this dynamic shape shifting situation that is created based on the choices we make today and of course unforeseen circumstances that we have no control over which we must react to. The parts we can control though, our future is determined by us and what we choose to do with our today. So, wise old Benjamin Franklin, maybe I should just be grateful that I can make choices today and live the life I want today instead of trying to wish for two more tomorrows. I suppose that is why I should always start my day with my mood-boosting playlist. :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Democracy: Principles, Beliefs, and Walls

The Limitations of Music Snobbery

My Name Is Megan, And I am a Cancer (Zodiac not to Society)