My Name Is Megan, And I am a Cancer (Zodiac not to Society)

I have a confession. This has been a long time coming. I accept that my Astrological sign is Cancer. I have been fighting it for a long time, because the stereotype of a Cancer is someone who is moody and wants tons of babies. You know the everything is fine until you use the wrong tone then they get sulky, wanting you to ask them if they are okay constantly as they give passive aggressive responses. Yeah, that is not me. Sometimes though stereotypes are built on patterns rather than truth. So as part of my Zodiac Acknowledgement Support Program (ZASP), the first step is to vocalize why I am a Cancer.

Home/Family/Country are Important 
Now most people interpret this as a flag-waving woman, baking cookies for their family, and never wanting to leave home. Truth is the idea of 'home' differs on the person. I thrive when I feel I have a foundation. Meaning my home are my friends, my job, my community, and the world in which I live in. If I feel my country is unstable--I feel stressed. If I feel my friendships are unstable--I feel stressed. If I feel my job is unstable - I feel stressed. If I feel my literal home is not functional -- I feel stressed. Home might look different from traditional homes, but home and security are definitely important to my well-being.

Where Heart On Their Sleeve 
I might not share every opinion or thought, but it is quite easy to tell when I disagree or if something is bothering me. Emotionally I am not secretive. Even if I might not know how to vocalize all the emotions that I might feel.

My Favorite Moments
My favorite moments tend to be scenes where I am with my friends and family or wonderful strangers, in dialogue, over beverages and food. Sharing a meal and ideas. None of my favorite moments involve me being on my own. Might be necessary from time to time, but definitely not what makes me feel alive. 

Shell  
I do have a hiding place. If my feelings are hurt I might keep it to myself at first until I process it. Sometimes I decide that I am being stupid and I move on without a grudge. Sometimes I decide that this is something that needs to be discuss, but I tend to talk in ideas rather than emotions. If you ever feel that I am mad at you or upset give me time and space then ask me about it later. I will either tell you that I'm not (which is true) or I will tell you the truth since I thought about it. Make sure though you accept my answer.  More than likely though I am upset about bigger picture things and not at any individuals. Might need a moment to be on my own in my shell before I go out to play again.

Stubborn 
I am one of the most stubborn people in the world. Not because I never change my mind, because I do, all the time. I am stubborn, because I want everything to be on my own terms. I will outlast most people. 

Vindictive 
I am not vindictive or emotionally manipulative. I try my best not to be anyway, because I have been the victim of that. I do however go after what I want and I am sure sometimes it might come across as vindictive. To me it feels like righting a wrong or the need to feel validated. I suppose though vindictive is a word that is in the eye of the beholder.

Need to Help/Nurture 
I mean I am a teacher right? I love taking care of my family, my friends, and my students. I live for those connections and I will try my best to be there for them. To the best of my ability. 

Working Out Helps Sensitivity: 
I an be sensitive, because I care about things. All aspects of my life I take a lot of care in. Some opinions are worth more than others. Working out is said to help Cancers deal and process emotions which I really do feel like it does.

Gut/Intuition  
Cancers are said to get feelings that lead them to wonderful things. I follow my gut all the time and I really do feel it leads me in the right direction. I do think I am fairly intuitive.

Tenacity/Loyal 
Loyal to friends, family, romantic partners, and even goals. Once I make a decision I fight for it. Through good and bad. Sometimes that might lead me down wrong paths especially if I am loyal to the wrong people. But even the friends that I had to let go of, I am secretly, rooting for them to do well.

So.. I am a Cancer. Might not be the touchy-feely bake you cookies and want tons of babies Cancer. But I am definitely a travel the world, laugh with you, process emotions, and will fight with you to make things work Cancer. I apologize for the lack of cookies. Those will have to be store bought.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Democracy: Principles, Beliefs, and Walls

The Limitations of Music Snobbery