Goal Oriented

Having goals are important. In fact, I'm not sure I have existed without having a goal in mind. 

As a young child my goal was to make everything fun and create the most creative games I could think of. Of course the adults in my life had other goals for me, but seriously when you can turn your science homework into a box... you have to feel somewhat accomplished regardless of the loss of points. 

In middle school, my goal was simply to survive. Important goal albeit a bit sad. 

In high school, my goal was to learn to be a student. I lost those skills when I was busy creating the wonderful games and fun. Turns out I did care about grades and my future, but now the future was immediate and I figure I better get to the things the adults in my life were yelling at me about. 

In college, my goal was to follow my passions and explore my options. I wanted to do things my way. My goal was also to study abroad, because I wanted to experience what it was like to live in a different country. 

In AmeriCorps, my goal was to serve my country to the best of my ability and make some amazing new friends. 

In my credentialing program and the beginning of my teaching career, my goal was to develop my style of teaching and become the best teacher I could possibly be. 

Now my goal is simple. Be happy. I am no longer chasing regrets, chasing insecurities, or even trying to prove people wrong. Now I simply want to focus on what makes me happy. I want to be fit, I want to travel, I want to have great friends, and I want to have the freedom and flexibility to experience new things. That means focus on my fitness, focus on cultivating relationships, focus on my budget, and focus on going on adventures. This does not mean focus on dating and having children. There is a reason I am saying this. Many people think that people lose weight to attract others. My goal is not that. If I meet someone who I get along with and whose goals match mine then of course I will pursue it. But I don't feel like anything is missing. In fact, I feel complete. My goal is to maintain that feeling as I continue to get stronger. 

Some people want kids and marriage. Some people want something different. The main point of all things is to find your happiness. I am proud of all my friends married, unmarried, or having children. As long as you are happy and living the life you want then you are my hero. Continue to live your truth. I got you. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Democracy: Principles, Beliefs, and Walls

The Limitations of Music Snobbery

My Name Is Megan, And I am a Cancer (Zodiac not to Society)