There is Good

The News and the challenges of life can often make you feel like people are awful, life is hard, and everything is out to get you. I mean turn on the news for ten minutes and you will constantly be reminded by the worst of humanity. Mass murder, terrorism, bad leadership, greed, petty drama, and people losing everything to a natural disaster. We never shed enough light on the good side of life. Something the News should do, because even though drama might be entertaining it leaves our society feeling paranoid and hopeless.

Even the last week, I personally been feeling like luck is not with me at the moment. I fell and cut myself pretty badly. All the projects I set out to do this week had something go wrong whether it was something was lost or I didn't have enough materials to get things done. Or last night when my plumbing went haywire. Or this morning when my blood sugar went low and I almost passed out at the gym. I could look at all this and just think the world is out to get me. Truth is though, I kept getting reminded how there are amazing people in this world. 

The night I fell someone offered me paper towels and tried to help the best they could. I had people help me with the projects that went wrong and even had to accept that, this time, things were not going to be perfect, I simply ran out of time. Last night my landlord and his handy man friend stayed until way past midnight to make sure that I was taken care of and even asked me if I wanted them to stay to clean up before I sent them home. This morning they cleaned my entire bathroom, including messes that had nothing to do with the plumbing. Leaving a note with a phone number to call if anything else was needed. They even took my towels and paid for the laundry to be done to clean them after using them as a barrier last night. Not to mention the numerous friends who offered their homes, showers, and space as I wait for things to be cleaned in my apartment. At the gym, a young woman who was manning the snack bar gave me food despite not having money on me. She stayed and talked with me making sure I was good. Then when I went to get my wallet out of my bag and came back she said that she would only charge me half price.

The world is facing a lot. We have a lot of challenges. People are losing their homes as I type this. Despite this though there is so much good in humanity. I thought I was unlucky, but turns out I'm doing just fine. Why? Good friends and family, and encountering some wonderfully generous brothers and sisters of humanity who were willing to go that extra step to make sure I was taken care of.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Democracy: Principles, Beliefs, and Walls

The Limitations of Music Snobbery

My Name Is Megan, And I am a Cancer (Zodiac not to Society)