No Plans, Necessity.

I woke up this morning with a plan to get back to my normal blogging after taking a break yesterday. However, the point of a blog is not necessarily to be planned. It is instead suppose to be your outlet for whatever you are feeling that moment or that day.

So today, I just felt like saying one thing.

I love you.

Many times in moments of tragedy we will see celebrities, politicians, and even some people on Facebook post words of sorrow. A moment of sadness for a symptom of a more systematic problem that will continue to happen until we stop feeling sorrow and start feeling love.

Tomorrow, celebrities will talk shit about one another once more. Politicians will continue to bicker and fight each other in non-compromising ways. Extremist-Christian religions will seek certain groups they wish to blame. Then we will meet back here again in another three months when something else happens.

I have seen it since Columbine. We get into the same cycles and yet never seem to actually work out anything.

Truth is life is about balance. Hate exists because love exists. The only difference between love and hate is that hate is selfish whereas love is saying that someone else matters. That something else matters. Hate comes from a place of blame and of ignorance an absence of something. Love comes a place that is filling. Hate empties. Love embraces.

I do not want to mark what happened last night in Las Vegas with empty words. I only want to say, I love you, and the you in which I mean is all human kind. We are stronger than we can ever really know and sadly when one of us gets weak or feeds into that empty feeling we can do a lot of damage. But you will always see love, no matter how much hurt people who hate bring.

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." - Vince Lombardi

We have a lot. I have a lot of love and today I am going to go to work to spread that to my students, co-workers, and the random human beings I run into today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Democracy: Principles, Beliefs, and Walls

The Limitations of Music Snobbery

My Name Is Megan, And I am a Cancer (Zodiac not to Society)