Keeping What Is Important


"The bird is powered by its own life and by its motivation." A. P. J. Abdul Kalam 

Motivation is such an interesting concept especially when it comes to teaching. Usually with the kids that seem unmotivated in my class, I try my best to ask them questions in order for them to find their purpose. Why? Because if you have purpose then usually action follows. If you are motivated then you can handle the challenges and the failures. There is an invisible drive inside you that propels you forward. 

Also, motivated people can lose it in times of high stress. October is a notorious month for teacher burn out. Many of us are feeling it. So I find myself asking myself this question--what is most important to you?

My answer:
- Family
- Friends
- Health
- Travel
- Balance
- Connection
- Positivity
- Growth (students and myself)

I am in a strange place this year. The last couple of years I have focused only on completing school and my career. I find myself this year realizing that I need to pull back a little. I rather be great at a few things than overextended at many. So this is my journey this year, fulfilling my commitments and then trimming what keeps me away from what is important: family, friends, health, travel, balance, connection, positive energy, and helping my students as well as myself grow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Democracy: Principles, Beliefs, and Walls

The Limitations of Music Snobbery

My Name Is Megan, And I am a Cancer (Zodiac not to Society)