Making Hard Decisions

I suppose today I just want to reflect on a couple of quotes that caught my eye over the last few days.

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." - Helen Keller.  

I find this to be incredibly true. Though, I have to admit, maintaining optimism is incredibly hard even for someone like myself who is prone to it. Sometimes the things you experience in life gets you down and you lose faith for awhile. Without that sense that things can be fixed, things can better, and that ultimately everything will be okay progress in your life becomes stunted.

If something is getting in the way of reaching that hope or shattering your confidence then you have the right to remove yourself from it. It might be a friendship, a job, or an extra responsibility, whatever it is, you have a right to choose healthy circumstances.

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it." - Charles R. Swindell 

Actions and choices are what drive your life forward. Yes, circumstances aren't chosen and events unfold beyond your control. But the how it ends up are the choices you make and the opportunities you seize.

Make the hard decision. Might feel awkward at first, but ultimately you need to do what makes you a more efficient human being.

Thank you to my friends who have supported me and encouraged me to do what is right for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Democracy: Principles, Beliefs, and Walls

The Limitations of Music Snobbery

My Name Is Megan, And I am a Cancer (Zodiac not to Society)