Too Much

As of late, I have felt that life is about finding balance. You need to find that sweet spot between too alone and too social, too much work and too much play, or too much in your head or too much dealing with the external world. Balance is key. Balance is also hard to maintain, because as life throws us obstacles we tend to cling onto certain habits which might turn the tide in one direction over the other. This is why mindfulness is such a powerful practice, because it forces yourself to be more present minded which can reset imbalances in your life.

As for me, the current imbalance is probably too much work versus too much play. I have been thinking about this lately. I might be a little too generous with my time with work and may need to scale down on the things that I do. I should stick to a couple of things that bring me joy and bring me challenges instead of unnecessary stress. Being lead to my PLC brings me joy, because I get to defend a subject that I am passionate about and stand up for the interests of people I care about. It brings me joy. Using AVID strategies is a passion of mine and it is not much of a commitment in terms of time. Being there for my WEB leaders is incredibly important and they bring me joy to see them learn their potential. Everything else might be unnecessary stress that I don't need. 

Another imbalance might be that I spend too much time awake and need to work on sleeping more. Sleep is key to many issues surrounding health, yet it is always been something I have battled. I tend to have trouble falling asleep or simply get caught up in a TV show, a chapter, or a project and choose to continue that instead of making time for my body to get the proper rest it deserves. 

Imbalances are important to pay attention to. It might be the cause of your stress, your illness, and correcting those imbalances might do you a world of good. It's never easy and it will have to be an ongoing conversation I have with myself.

#LivingIntentionally

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Democracy: Principles, Beliefs, and Walls

The Limitations of Music Snobbery

Habits