Things to Let Go Of

We all have negative baggage that we walk around with. Either from past relationships, failed friendships, hurtful words, or feeling like you have a success deficit and a failure surplus. This baggage impacts your health, current relationships, and can even alter the choices that you make. 

I definitely have baggage. I’ve been disappointed and someone I expected to care for me berated me in the worst way. I’ve been carrying it around with me for a very long time. A friend told me that whether you live your life listening to someone or doing the opposite of what someone tells you then you are still letting them control you. Since then, I have been looking at my situation differently. The negative feelings were getting in the way of a lot of progress. That is what the last year has been about. Accepting what I can’t change and learning to do what I want not to prove someone wrong, but because I genuinely wanted to do it.  

Our brains are wired to remember the negative experiences in our life. We tend to remember more details of a moment that hurt us rather than a moment that lift us up. That is why we have to proactively and intentionally remind ourselves about the things in our life that give us strength while learning to let go of the things that bring us down. 


#LivingIntentionally 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Democracy: Principles, Beliefs, and Walls

The Limitations of Music Snobbery

Habits