Peace, Love, and Kindness

PART 1: Quality Life

"Quality is not an act it is a habit." - Aristotle

There are many ways to take this quote. I took a whole course on Aristotle and so many people debate the intentions of this man all the time. Some even have given their lives to it. For me though, this quote can easily be applied to life.

A quality life is not made of scattered isolated moments of greatness or happiness. No, a quality life is determined by having those moments become a pattern. Consistency is important and it is that consistency that allows you to start feeling content.

PART 2: Finding Peace 

Recently, I have been trying to let a couple things go that have been taking a lot of my time. I suppose it's time to get truthful. I have always felt like I had to prove myself since it seemed like growing up everything I did was doubted by teachers as well with a couple other people in my life as well. So much so that I distanced myself and made some stupid choices along the way. I would say in the last two years I have accepted that part of my life and I have found a new found peace with it. Sometimes the issue isn't you. Sometimes people try to control you, because they don't have control in their lives or because they want to help but really do not know how to. I am 100% sure that me coming to peace with those facts have allowed me to get my Master's degree, allowed me to get closer to people, and honestly allowed me to lose weight. If you don't feel happy it is hard to treat yourself right. Everything is connected.

PART 3: Kindness 

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." - Aesop

Due to everyone trying to make peace with their pasts and trying to live a quality life this is where kindness comes in. The little random acts of kindness really do make a difference. Sometimes you have to be intentional about your kindness, because as life gets busy it is easy to start isolating yourself or even becoming grumpy. Try to do something kind. Be intentional about it. I'm definitely going to make that effort.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Democracy: Principles, Beliefs, and Walls

The Limitations of Music Snobbery

Habits